The first step in voting is registering. This page has all of the information you need to determine if you are eligible to vote and walks you through the registration process step-by-step.
Qualifications to Register:
In order to vote in the next election, you must meet all of the requirements below. Please keep in mind, Idahoans can register to vote in advance of the election or when they show up to vote at the polls.
- You must be 18 by Election Day
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must have lived in Ada County for 30 days prior to Election Day
- Provide valid photo identification (state issued ID, tribal card, U.S. passport or current student ID)
- You must provide either a state ID number or the last four digits of your social security number
- You must provide proof of residency (vehicle registration, current utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
- Felons may not register until they have completed the terms of their sentence
Register to Vote
Voters have three options to register to vote. You can register online, print out a voter registration form and mail it to our office or register at the polls.
Once you fill out the form, print it and send it to our office.
400 N Benjamin Ln, Ste 100
Boise ID 83704
If you choose to register to vote at the polls, please make sure you bring all the required documents as outlined above.
To confirm your registration status, please visit IdahoVotes.gov or contact our office.
Designate a Political Party
When you register to vote, you have the option to affiliate with a political party. However, voters may change or declare their party affiliation by completing the form below and mailing it to our office or emailing to [email protected].